[Banshee-List] The new Banshee Grid

Hi guys,

Recently I downloaded from svn the new grid you were developing. I was impressed by the load speed and I want to use it in a GPL project that I develop. So I have been hacking at it for a while in my spare time and I wonder if we can join efforts? My first question is is there anybody working on this peace of code right now? I see from the svn log that it’s been a while since the last check-ins so I suppose the answer is no. I still have some things to add but my guess it that the grid in this stage should be good enough to suit your needs. Of course there is a chance you won’t like what I did or the code style I use but at least you can see the bug fixes with some merge tool.

The current changes include:

1)       Changed the mapping mechanism to the objects. No attributes are used any more to mark the column position of a property. Instead I specify the name of the property. The problem is that during refactoring something can brake, but I need this in order to use an object in different grids and have its properties appear in different columns.

2)       Column resizing was fixed (no even distribution for all the columns in the right for now)

3)       Headers highlight on sort fixed

4)       Headers draw bug fixed

5)       Added footers (optional)

6)       Added sort column hints like in Gtk.TreeView (optional)

7)       Fixed some bugs on scrolling, focus movement and selection using drag (will become optional)

Now I am working on editable cells but this is something you will probably not need in your project.

So the question is do you guys want to merge efforts? The grid can stay MIT/X11 I don’t mind.