Re: [Banshee-List] "Inhibit warning" when playing a track in 0.13.2 SVN

On Nov 29, 2007 12:26 PM, Joss Winn <joss josswinn org> wrote:
> Glad you could locate the source of this.
>
> The warning is misleading as closing the lid still causes the laptop
> to go into standby as set up in Power Manager preferences. Banshee
> doesn't actually inhibit standby despite the warning otherwise. When I
> open the lid again from standby, Banshee resumes playing the track,
> which is quite a nice 'feature'.

I think the point is that your laptop shouldn't go to sleep when
Banshee or any app has inhibited it.  So it sounds like a bug with
power manager and/or how we are using it.

> Something needs to be changed though as Banshee is invoking a warning
> message that misinforms the user, suggesting their laptop will go into
> meltdown if the 'Stop' button is not pressed prior to closing the lid.

Agreed, that's not very nice.  Can you please file a bug report?

Gabriel