Re: [Banshee-List] Flash in a WebControl

On Fri, 2007-11-16 at 17:11 -0800, Jon Cosby wrote:
> I've tried posting this in the Mono and GTK# lists but haven't gotten an
> answer. I have a plugin with a Gecko WebControl and I'm trying to view
> Flash content. I'm setting the CompPath property to /usr/lib/firefox.
> Firefox plays Flash allright but the player isn't detected by Gecko. Is
> there any other way to specify the plugins?

I wrote a simple flash player with a gecko control to play a tutorial
for SLED a couple of years ago.

You need to have a number of environment variables set for it to work,
here's what I used that worked. Of course the paths may be different for
your setup...

Hope this helps.

-Gary

#!/bin/sh

MOZILLA_HOME=/usr/lib/xulrunner-1.8.1.4
export MOZILLA_HOME

MOZILLA_FIVE_HOME=/usr/lib/xulrunner-1.8.1.4
export MOZILLA_FIVE_HOME

MOZ_PLUGIN_PATH=/usr/lib/browser-plugins
export MOZ_PLUGIN_PATH

LD_LIBRARY_PATH="/usr/local/lib/cbt-player:/usr/lib/xulrunner-1.8.1.4:@MOZ_PLUGIN_PATH@:$LD_LIBRARY_PATH"
export LD_LIBRARY_PATH

exec mono /usr/local/lib/cbt-player/cbt-player.exe $@