Re: [Banshee-List] problem with the last.fm plugin

On 11/14/07, Gabriel Burt <gabriel burt gmail com> wrote:
On Nov 14, 2007 4:11 AM, David Nielsen <david lovesunix net> wrote:
> It doesn't prompt me for my keyring password so naturally it hasn't
> inserted anything. Is there a way to forcefully insert this information.

Can you try unlocking your keyring(s) manually w/ the keyring manager
and see if that helps?  On Gutsy my keyring is unlocked when I log in,
but Aaron was telling me that this plugin activated the keyring unlock
prompt.

> We already have an audioscrobbler plugin that uses the same account
> information so it would make sense to put it in the keyring if for
> anything but to only have the account info stored one place and to not
> have the password stored in cleartext in gconf.

The info for this plugin is being stored in the keyring, and the idea
is to migrate the Audioscrobbler plugin to use it, for both those very
good reasons.  Feel free to write that patch -- really should be too
hard.  :)

Gabriel

I'm also running Gutsy. My problems appear to be with the keyring daemon not running correctly though, not banshee. gnome-keyring-manager is seeing things that don't exist. :-)

JSR/

--
Our Mission
Technology and Hospitality for God's Workmen