[Banshee-List] public view of email addresses

Hi everyone,

I know that we should all be free to write eachother and whatnot, but for the sake of at least some net-anonymity (and certainly a decreased amount of spam) wouldn't it be a wise suggestion to leave out domain names of list members?

Most other lists that I belong to do not post email addresses publicly. I don't really care for the most part, but i do happen to get some spam, which just .... well ... sucks.

http://mail.gnome.org/archives/banshee-list/2007-February/msg00047.html

The above site was discovered only while googling my username, and I doubt that anyone who writes crawl-engines for data mining purposes would _not_ think to replace . with @ when adding to the list of spamming targets.

Just my 2 cents,

~/Chris