Re: [Banshee-List] Banshee in Google Summer of Code -- Part 2

> Video support will not be considered until maybe next year - it really
> is going to depend on some major architectural changes that will come
> about in part by completing (a) and (b), even though up front it may
> seem they are unrelated.
When reading about this, I was really wondering if video support was not
more the scope of F-Spot for example. Then again, many iPod-Type media
devices support pictures and video, so it would be neat to have a one-stop
solution for syncing etc. Perhaps banshee/f-spot joining forces would be
the way to go, not in the way of merging (I understand there are even
licencing issues) but at least using the same media library(ies), with banshee
providing a frontend to the audio/video (and to a small degree: pictures)
and f-spot doing pictures/videos? There would be some challenges how
to sensibly integrate this with either UI, when to call the other app etc
but in the end this could mean media management heaven for all.

> I'm still open to other ideas for GSoC projects, so keep posting and
> keep watching the GSoC page above. Take notice to the NOTE at the top of
> that page however. We are NOT yet approved as an organization in GSoC.
1.) One thing I still miss in banshee is "party mode". But I guess huge parts of
this will "just work" when the track queue is working.

2.) Another nice little project I can think of would be to provide a banshee
plugin IDE integration for monodevelop. As a start, integrating a plugin
template, making it use the GUI designer (if that's possible now) but
perhaps also look into parts of monodevelop that need inproving for better
handling projects like mono: ability to also compile native C code to
completely build banshee in monodevelop for example. Perhaps also some
work to further improve banshee's plugin/scripting capabilities?

-Michi
Erweitern Sie FreeMail zu einem noch leistungsstärkeren E-Mail-Postfach!