Re: [Banshee-List] Any plans to Banshee in the SOC?

On Thu, Feb 22, 2007 at 01:28:24PM -0600, Igor Guerrero wrote:
> Hello people,
>
> Well the question is simply is there any plans to application in the Google
> Summer Of Code?

Another idea I was thinking about that may be a SoC project or may not
be needed...

Something along the lines of mp3 player device profiles, or maybe just
transcoding when syncing to an mp3 device.  Basically I have a library
with mp3, ogg and flac files, but my mp3 player (a rio cali in this
case, which isn't supported by banshee (not flash HD type system, but
works through rioctl)) only plays mp3s.  I'd like to be able to tell
banshee to convert files synced to it to mp3.  Or maybe a profile for
each type of device as maybe brand X mp3 player also plays ogg, so you
only want to transcode flac files.

Possibly an export to folder (for transferring files to other devices,
maybe for mobile phones that need transcoding to much smaller files)
that would do the same, so if my mp3 player isn't supported outside of
some other utililty, I can just drag from a playlist to a folder, have
files transcoded to a pre-specified format/size, and then transfer them
from there.  Or maybe a 'transcode all to 32k' to maximize space (though
not sure how cpu intensive a process this would be).

Not sure the best / most gnome-y way to implement this though.

Hopefully this makes sense, while english is my first language, it's
friday and I've had *way* too little caffiene today :)

Regards,

Alan

--
Alan <alan ufies org> - http://arcterex.net
"Backups are for people who don't pray."                 -- big Mike