[Banshee-List] DAP not supported for iPod

I finally got my iPod to show up in Banshee. I had to install
libipoddevice (0.5.3) and ipod-sharp (0.6.3) because the wrong
versions were being installed by gentoo portage. Banshee is version
0.12.1

When I run "ipod_debug_dump.sh" to check for the RAID bug, it tells me
I have it....and yet when I scroll up it doesn't say fsusage=raid
ANYWHERE. fsusage=filesystem and another entry has a blank fsusage.

I see my iPod in the list in the left sidebar, but it does not seem to
know that it's an iPod, as in, it doesn't allow me to sync, but it
does show me properties.

Can anyone point me in the right direction on this? I much prefer
banshee over the alternatives (amarok, gtkpod), but what's an mp3
player without an iPod?

- Jeff