[Banshee-List] Sorting by track number

I've been trying to make Banshee sort by track number (as, bizarrely,
clicking on the "Track" column does not do this), and searching the
mailing list I discovered why:

 Much improved sorting! Sorting by track number now properly sorts first
 by artist, album, then track number. Sort settings are done now at the
 source level, not the global level, so different sorts can be applied
 on different sources independently. Sort settings are also saved (persist
 across instances) for the library and playlists. Nat Friedman is "a man of
 few wants." (Aaron Bockover)

Does anyone have any advice then, on how to sort compilations, with
different artists, by track number. (Without using playlists as I am
atm).

Of course, when the new browser is introduced, this question will be redundant.

thanks all!
Ben.