[Banshee-List] Creating Flexible Access Forms

I have over 100 users that have to turn in a form quarterly in over 30
different countries. They have a variety of computers with a variety
of different Internet connections. Some are restricted in time and
others in bandwidth.

How can I distribute this form in a manner that allows them the
greatest amount of flexibility and will allow us to import the data
from these forms into a database or some other type of storage for
review immediately and many years to come as needed.

I know Adobe can do this through PDF, but I'm rather hesitant to get
locked into a proprietary service and I'm not sure all my users will
have a version of reader that will be able to handle forms.
Downloading a new version can be a big deal for some of them.

I know Microsoft provides a form architecture that is very flexible
within the Office suite, but cludgy outside of it.

The thought that comes to mind is using something like Google Gears to
make the form available off-line and then allow them to submit it
later, perhaps to a DabbleDB database. Is this something Google Gears
can handle? Are there better ways?

Thanks,
JSR/

--
Our Mission
Technology and Hospitality for God's Workmen