Re: [Banshee-List] Crash when importing

On 11/14/06, Matt Philmon <mattisking gmail com> wrote:
It looks from the error to be getting a bad value (that it doesn't
know how to deal with) from the bitrate field. It would be interesting
to know which track it's having trouble with and to take a closer look
at that track.

Two months later, I decided to import my music into Banshee folder by
folder (I like it that much) because it had gotten hopelessly out of
date since I couldn't just reimport my entire library.

I tracked the crash down to an album filed under Various Artists (all
the way at the end of the alphabet, of course ;). I can actually
import each track individually just fine, but not the entire folder. I
suspect it may be an issue with the length of the folder name; I've
had issues with my tagger with this folder and these files. Also,
since the files are already added now (individually) I'd expect them
to show up under Import Errors like the others have, but Banshee
doesn't get that far before crashing. I hope that helps narrow down
the location.

Anyhow, here's some output for starters; if I don't hear back from
anyone about this in about a week, I'm just going to open a bug.

andrew:/home/music# ls Various\ Artists/Rodrigo\ Concierto\ de\
Aranjuez\ Fantasia\ para\ un\ gentilhombre\ Giuliani,\ Vivaldi\
Guitar\ Concertos\ \(John\ Williams\)
Rodrigo Concierto de Aranjuez Fantasia para un gentilhombre Giuliani,
Vivaldi Guitar Concertos (John Williams)-08-Mauro Giuliani-Concerto in
A major Op. 30 I. Allegro maestoso (The English Chamber Orchestra
feat. conductor John Williams).flac
Rodrigo Concierto de Aranjuez Fantasia para un gentilhombre Giuliani,
Vivaldi Guitar Concertos (John Williams)-09-Mauro Giuliani-Concerto in
A major Op. 30 II. Siciliana Andantino (The English Chamber Orchestra
feat. conductor John Williams).flac
Rodrigo Concierto de Aranjuez Fantasia para un gentilhombre Giuliani,
Vivaldi Guitar Concertos (John Williams)-10-Mauro Giuliani-Concerto in
A major Op. 30 III. Polonaise Allegretto (The English Chamber
Orchestra feat. conductor John Williams).flac
Rodrigo Concierto de Aranjuez Fantasia para un gentilhombre Giuliani,
Vivaldi Guitar Concertos (John Williams)-12-Antonio Vivaldi-Concerto
in D major RV 93 II. Largo (The English Chamber Orchestra feat.
conductor John Williams, cello Colin Tilney).flac
Rodrigo Concierto de Aranjuez Fantasia para un gentilhombre Giuliani,
Vivaldi Guitar Concertos (John Williams)-13-Antonio Vivaldi-Concerto
in D major RV 93 III. Allegro (The English Chamber Orchestra feat.
conductor John Williams, cello Colin Tilney).flac

andrew:/home/music# metaflac --list Various\ Artists/Rodrigo\
Concierto\ de\ Aranjuez\ Fantasia\ para\ un\ gentilhombre\ Giuliani,\
Vivaldi\ Guitar\ Concertos\ \(John\ Williams\)/Rodrigo\ Concierto\ de\
Aranjuez\ Fantasia\ para\ un\ gentilhombre\ Giuliani,\ Vivaldi\
Guitar\ Concertos\ \(John\ Williams\)-08-Mauro\ Giuliani-Concerto\ in\
A\ major\ Op.\ 30\ I.\ Allegro\ maestoso\ \(The\ English\ Chamber\
Orchestra\ feat.\ conductor\ John\ Williams\).flac
METADATA block #0
 type: 0 (STREAMINFO)
 is last: false
 length: 34
 minumum blocksize: 4608 samples
 maximum blocksize: 4608 samples
 minimum framesize: 14 bytes
 maximum framesize: 13053 bytes
 sample_rate: 44100 Hz
 channels: 2
 bits-per-sample: 16
 total samples: 23942772
 MD5 signature: 01f01618ed1915884d17b23f389a9afa
METADATA block #1
 type: 4 (VORBIS_COMMENT)
 is last: true
 length: 857
 vendor string: reference libFLAC 1.1.2 20050205
 comments: 16
   comment[0]: TRACKTOTAL=13
   comment[1]: TRACKNUMBER=8
   comment[2]: TITLE=Concerto in A major Op. 30: I. Allegro maestoso
(The English Chamber Orchestra feat. conductor: John Williams)
   comment[3]: MUSICBRAINZ_VARIOUSARTISTS=1
   comment[4]: MUSICBRAINZ_TRACKID=accb728e-94a3-4337-9e9d-2d63030f58be
   comment[5]: MUSICBRAINZ_SORTNAME=Giuliani, Mauro
   comment[6]: MUSICBRAINZ_NONALBUM=0
   comment[7]: MUSICBRAINZ_ARTISTID=fc6a0ffa-4780-4924-a263-0b41a1911057
   comment[8]: MUSICBRAINZ_ALBUMTYPE=compilation
   comment[9]: MUSICBRAINZ_ALBUMSTATUS=official
   comment[10]: MUSICBRAINZ_ALBUMID=69e7eb35-8ff8-42e7-9d91-23cccc42cee7
   comment[11]: MUSICBRAINZ_ALBUMARTISTSORTNAME=Various Artists
   comment[12]: MUSICBRAINZ_ALBUMARTISTID=89ad4ac3-39f7-470e-963a-56509c546377
   comment[13]: MUSICBRAINZ_ALBUMARTIST=Various Artists
   comment[14]: ARTIST=Mauro Giuliani
   comment[15]: ALBUM=Rodrigo: Concierto de Aranjuez / Fantasia para
un gentilhombre / Giuliani, Vivaldi: Guitar Concertos (John Williams)

Did you think I was kidding? Let me know if that is useful or if
anything else would be.

Cheers,
Andrew