Re: [Banshee-List] Creative Zen Vision M and I-pod nano in Banshee

On 1/9/07, local <ph014i4096 blueyonder co uk> wrote:
Hi every one

I am new to Linux. I have used Xandros OC recently as a try out
alternative to windows. I found it OK, but a little lacking. To be
totally honest I was missing some of the familiarity of Windows XP. I
was however delighted to hear about the free OC distro of SUSE 10.2 in
the recent issue of Linux Magazine.

So having installed it and tweaked around in the dark somewhat, I have
now got Internet access and the printer to work and I am so far
delighted with the bonus mountain of free software.

However one thing I was looking forward to was using my Zen Vision M and
my son's Apple I-pod Nano on Suse.  The system does not seem to to offer
connectivity to my creative Zen at all. It is a pity because it is a
recent purchase and it looks like I may have to loose money and sell it.

My sons Nano does go somewhere to connecting. It is recognised by Suse
when I connect, and we can copy MP3 files to the I-pod through drag and
drop. The files are seen in the I-pods browser but when we disconnect
the I-pod no files are showing and therefore unable to play.

Can anyone enlighten me in a language and GUI format which is easy for a
newby to Linux to comprehend/

http://banshee-project.org/Distributions/SUSE
http://banshee-project.org/Guide/DAPs

I don't know if SuSE packages come with the Creative support built-in
or not. You might want to check on that. There is always he manual
install if need be to gain the support. Either way, both those
devices, at least from what I can tell in this email, have been used
successfully with Banshee. I haven't personally done either though.

JSR/

--
Our Mission
Technology and Hospitality for God's Workmen