Re: [Banshee-List] Writing .is_audio_player key documentation

On 1/2/07, Josiah Ritchie <josiah ritchie gmail com> wrote:
On 1/2/07, Gabriel Burt <gabriel burt gmail com> wrote:
> I think you missed this:
> http://banshee-project.org/Guide/DAPs/MassStorageDevices

I saw it. I was hoping to fill that out more to describe the purpose
of the key values to help others eliminate some of the guess and check
process that I went through when I set mine up.

On that page is a link to
http://gitweb.freedesktop.org/?p=hal.git;a=blob_plain;f=doc/spec/hal-spec.html#device-properties-portable_audio_player
which I think you missed - it describes all the HAL keys.

From your original e-mail, "A look at the code suggests to me that the
following three aren't supported yet" - that is mentioned in the
Guide.  If you're going to try to improve documentation, please make
sure you've read it thoroughly.

I'm not sure about putting the owner/device name in the file.  The
.is_audio_player file is really a crutch for devices that aren't
recognized by HAL, and I'm hesitant to encourage its widespread use by
putting features in it that aren't otherwise available.  I'd prefer a
cleaner solution, but maybe there isn't one.

Gabriel