Re: [Banshee-List] A couple Banshee enhancements

Hi Richard,

I'm also planning on doing a pretty in-depth rework of the syncing procedures. Check out one of my recent posts (I think close to the end of July). If you like, we could work on something together?

~/Chris

Richard Bailey wrote:
So I've been using Banshee with my Dap for a little while now and there's a
couple enhancements I'd like to see in it, that I would like to do.

Firstly, if you've manually added or removed tracks from your Dap, when you
try to eject it should prompt, asking if you want to "Save Manual Changes".
I'm looking at the abstract DapDevice class and a few of the subclasses such
as MassStorageDap, IpodDap and NjbDap and it seems that every type of Dap
handles this tracking of manual changes differently. In MassStorageDap there
is an uncopiedTracks variable, but I'm not seeing the equivalents in the
other types.

Secondly I think that a user should not have to right click to do basic
stuff in Banshee, and one thing that is fundamental, but needs a right click
is ejecting a Dap. There should be a button, either right next to the track
count of the Dap or next to the "Write CD" & "Synchronize Audio Device"
buttons.

That's my two cents for now, I'll try to work on them and submit patches.
Any guidance would be helpful, especially for the first one.

- Regards,
Richard