Re: [Banshee-List] upgrading to banshee-0.13

On Thu, 2007-08-16 at 22:13 -0400, Christopher Friedt wrote:
> Hi everyone,
>
> I'm a gentoo user (this is such a classic gentoo upgrade story), and
> banshee is no longer playing any music after upgrading from gnome-2.16 /
> banshee-0.12.1 to gnome-2.18 / banshee-0.13. It just freezes when I hit
> the play button.
>
> I tried re-installing each of the dependencies listed on the banshee
> site, but that made no difference. I tried re-installing gstreamer and
> the gst-plugins, but still nothing.
>
> Has anyone else had the same problem? Does anyone have a definitive list
> of pre-requisites that banshee requires?
>
> Debugging output hasn't said anything useful to me, so I unfortunately
> can't post anything. I've also tried disabling all of the plugins before
> playing, but that also has no effect.
>
> Any thoughts?
>
> ~/Chris

Hey Chris,

Also a Gentoo user with Gnome 2.18/Banshee 0.13 here, but I've had
absolutely no problems like this, so I can't really do you much good.

I would suggest checking your alsa setup and or doing a revdep-rebuild.

Also, did you try asking on the gentoo-user or gentoo-desktop lists
about this first? This seems to be a configuration/distro-specific
issue, not a general banshee bug.
--

"Nuclear war can ruin your whole compile."
                -- Karl Lehenbauer

"Thanks to Windows, any idiot can use a computer.
 Thanks to Windows, most of them are."
                -- Unknown

GPG/PGP Public Key ID: 11EC44D4