[Banshee-List] New installation; won't play any type of file

I recently installed OpenSUSE 10.2 on my laptop, and it installed Banshee (ver 0.11.2-30-i586) as part of the package.  While I was easily able to find my music files and put them in Banshee's library, Banshee is unable to play any of them, regardless of whether they are mp3 or wma in format.  An error box indicates that I don't have the proper decoder for the file.  I've installed/reinstalled the GStreamer engine for Banshee, the Win32 codecs and and every plugin I could find for Banshee (which are all up to date), but the fact that it can't even play an mp3 file is disconcerting.

Can anyone provide some guidance?

-Rob