[Banshee-List] iPod is seen as read only since 0.12.1 (and changes to libipoddevice)

I wonder if anybody else has seen this.  The latest changes to
libipoddevice -- many of which were to determine if an iPod is read-only
-- have resulted in my 1st Gen ipod mini (blue) being seen as read-only.
(For example,the synchronize button is no longer available).

I traced it back to ipodsharp's Device.cs bool CanWrite returning false.
It, in turn, reaches into libipoddevice's "can-write" property (if I
understand the code correctly.)  I've just quickly reviewed the
libipoddevice's C code recent changes and it looks like a lot has been
added re making this determination of if something is writeable.  I've
not studied it too closely-- maybe someone knows a quick fix.

I can file a bug to the iPod component if desired.

In the meantime, I'm just forcing ipodsharp's Device.cs CanWrite() to
return true.

iPod properties in Banshee accurately shows my model info:

Generation: First
Model: MiniBlue
Model Number: M9436
Serial Number: JQ4380FYQKL