Re: [Banshee-List] Banshee 0.11 ipod problem

I'm trying to sync a brand new ipod nano with Banshee 0.11. It's not
working. Can anyone help to debug this situation. Here is more
information:

- It's a brand new 4GB ipod nano bought in the US last week.
- I have Banshee 0.11, libipoddevice 0.5 and ipod-sharp 0.6.2 on Gentoo
with kernel 2.6.17.
- The iPod is automatically mounted by the system on /media/usbdisk
(vfat type).
- Initially, /media/usbdisk/iPod_Control/iTunes only contained firsttime
(not iTunesDB file)
- When launching Banshee, the iPod icon appears and when accessing its
properties, the size of the iPod and the size of the content is reported
well.
- When trying to import the iPod, CPU goes at 100% for 4 seconds and
then vanishes. Nothing happens. Import continues for ever.
- I then tried gtkpod. Gtkpod complained about not finding iTunesDB.
Perhaps I didn't configure gtkpod well.
- I then tried gnupod. Perl scripts enabled me to create an empty
iTunesDB file.
- Then back to gtkpod with more configuration, everything worked fine. I
was able to read the iPod and sync mp3 files from and to the iPod.
- Then back to Banshee, I still have the problem of eternal import.

Anyone has an idea what's the problem and how to debug? Many thanks by
advance,

Gregoire

PS: I can tar the content of my ipod nano and put it on a website if it
can help.