Re: [Banshee-List] can't build cvs

On 9/20/06, Joel Stanley <joel stanley adelaide edu au> wrote:
On 9/20/06, Josiah Ritchie <josiah ritchie gmail com> wrote:

> > Err, I meant autogen.sh, not gnome-autogen.sh. Anyway, dash doesn't have
> > those builtins. Is this worth filing a bug over?
>
> Are you saying that Bash in Edgy doesn't have pushd and popd builtin?
> That sounds like an Edgy bug to me.

Edgy uses dash for /bin/sh, "a POSIX-compliant implementation of
/bin/sh that aims to be as small as possible. It does this without
sacrificing speed where possible. In fact, it is significantly faster
than bash (the GNU Bourne-Again SHell) for most tasks."

I don't know about the push/popd instructions specifically, but
there's a fair amount of scripts out there that point to /bin/sh, but
use syntax specific to bash. Have a search around for 'bashism'.

Regarding pushd and popd, they appear to work on my edgy system.

Oh, cool. Thanks for sharing. I thought dash was just a typo. :-)
Sorry about that.

JSR/

--
Our Mission
Technology and Hospitality for God's Workmen