Re: [Banshee-List] iPod not recognized with the new 1.2 firmware

Thanks Matt, I don't develop Banshee and I won't say this is easy to do, but as RythmBox still sees the device, what about developing a kind of façade around the library used by RythmBox to drive the iPod?

This will allow to quickly "switch" from one library to the other when such problems occur.
----- Original Message -----
Sent: Friday, September 15, 2006 4:03 PM
Subject: Re: [Banshee-List] iPod not recognized with the new 1.2 firmware

Aaron and Snorp are working hard on the problem. Apple changed/removed a file in the new firmware that has been used to tell libipoddevice (the basis for ipod-sharp) how to recognize the kind of iPod you have. There's already been tons of press on it. You can read a couple here:
http://www.snorp.net/log/2006/09/14/why-i-hate-apple-still/
http://abock.org/2006/09/14/we-need-you-and-apple-sucks-part-2/

Matt