Re: [Banshee-List] CD-rip with lame

I've made some amendments to mp3-lame.xml which I append to this message. These amendments enable a bitrate of 256 kbit/s and the selection of quality.

During the work for this I looked also in the vorbis.xml and detected some problems with the quality selection there. First it seems that the default value is not transformed (divided by ten). So I always get an error message at startup of banshee " (<unknown>:28388): GLib-GObject-WARNING **: value "5,000000" of type `gfloat' is invalid or out of range for property `quality' of type `gfloat' ". Then the slider doesn't use the min-value and max-value. It always produces values between 0 and 100. These values divided by ten are out of range for the ogg-vorbis quality property. Third problem: I live in Germany and my LC_NUMERIC is de_DE. So the transformation (division by 10) returns a decimal value which uses the comma as decimal separator if the slider is not on 10, 20, 30 ... . In this case the building of the pipeline fails.

Aaron Bockover wrote:
Whoops. Good catch. Committed.

Thanks,
Aaron