Re: [Banshee-List] Missing buttons for "Write CD"

Kev and others wondering about MP3 on Banshee:

I'm not sure what you guys are using, but I'm using Ubuntu 6.06 LTS and Banshee
0.10.10.  On my system, Banshee just calls Sound Juicer to do the importing.
Consequently, I'm not sure how much this will help you, but here's what I did,
and it works great:

1.  Get the MP3 codec.  This link outlines that:

https://help.ubuntu.com/6.10/ubuntu/desktopguide/C/codecs.html

In short, go to the package manager of choice and get the gstreamer0.10-ffmpeg
plugin - that's the big one.  The rest are pretty necessary too, though.

2.  Configure Sound Juicer to use the MP3 codec.

https://help.ubuntu.com/6.10/ubuntu/desktopguide/C/audio-cds.html

To quote from the Sound Juicer help file:

If you need to store tracks in the MP3 format (for example, if your portable
music player only supports MP3 and not Ogg Vorbis), you will need to create a
new profile.  To do this, click on Edit Profiles, click New, and name the
profile MP3.

Select the MP3 profile and click the Edit button.  Set GStreamer Pipeline to

audio/x-raw-int,rate=44100,channels=2 ! lame name=enc ! id3mux

Set the File Extension to mp3, and select the Active check box.  You will have
to restart Sound Juicer to see the new audio profile.

This profile uses the LAME MP3 encoder, so you will need to have the GStreamer
LAME plugin installed.

I hope that helps everyone out.