Re: [Banshee-List] Logging in Banshee: use log4net?

Aaron Bockover wrote:
> I'm interested in the performance aspect of log4net. This sounds like a
> heavy component to be adding. What kind of "startup" or initialization
> does the component need? How expensive are the actual logging calls,
> etc.
>
> --Aaron

Hello,
I will look into this and see if I can get some performance numbers.
They are two type of step:
* static setup: the configuration is loaded when the application start
* dynamic setup: the configuration is checked regularly during runtime
and any change in the configuration is reflected. This obviously is more
expensive.

Julien