[Banshee-List] Running Banshee within GDB

I'm totally not giving up on debugging Banshee for all it's worth.
There are a few bugs I've found in Bugzilla that I can easily
reproduce that don't have BTs. Since I just installed debug packages
for most of my software, including Banshee, I'd like to get backtraces
for them.

However, I can't seem to get Banshee to run within gdb. The
instructions (http://www.mono-project.com/Debugging), chock full of
useful things to do with gdb, don't indicate how to get started.
Here's what I've tried with the errors I get:

$ (Trying 3 ways to Sunday, e.g. "gdb banshee")
(gdb) run
Starting program:
No executable file specified.
Use the "file" or "exec-file" command.

$ gdb mono
(gdb) run /usr/lib/banshee/banshee.exe
Starting program: /usr/bin/mono /usr/lib/banshee/banshee.exe
[New Thread -1210628416 (LWP 21988)]
[New Thread -1219945568 (LWP 21991)]
[New Thread -1220027488 (LWP 21992)]
libbanshee
System.DllNotFoundException: libbanshee
 at (wrapper managed-to-native)
Banshee.BansheeEntry:banshee_dbus_compat_thread_init ()
 at Banshee.BansheeEntry.Startup (System.String[] args) [0x00000]
 at (wrapper delegate-invoke)
System.MulticastDelegate:invoke_void_string[] (string[])
 at Banshee.Gui.CleanRoomStartup.Startup
(Banshee.Gui.StartupInvocationHandler startup, System.String[] args)
[0x00000]

[Switching to Thread -1210628416 (LWP 21988)]
0xb683d2c9 in ?? ()

The first makes some sense; the second less so, but all in all, I'm
just not sure how to get it going. I think it has something to do with
all that the /usr/bin/banshee script sets up, but I don't know how to
do that in gdb, and running the shell script directly doesn't work.

Any help would be great; let's target these bugs!

Cheers,
Andrew