Re: [Banshee-List] Banshee composer support

On 11/1/06, Michael Hutchinson <m j hutchinson gmail com> wrote:
On 10/30/06, Andrew Conkling <andrew conkling gmail com> wrote:
> that way, Banshee would provide support for composer *and* performer.
> I don't see this being incredibly useful though, as the only way this
> would be beneficial is if all types of apps--taggers, players,
> portable devices, etc.--were able to support them. Call me a cynic....

Would be possible for Banshee to support a comprehensive tag set
internally, and then map them to/from established tagging systems when
writing to/reading from other files and databases? The only way tags
like this are going to get used is if someone starts using them.

Good point, Michael. I'm going to bring up this list on the
MusicBrainz list and see if we can't get them supported in Picard for
some of the existing Advanced Relationships that don't make it outside
the MB database.

Sorry to go a bit OT. ;)

Cheers,
Andrew