[Banshee-List] problems with official-plugins installation

Hello, I recently downloaded/installed the latest Banshee (10.0.8) for Fedora Core 5, from the Fedora Project web site.  It is working fairly well.  I would like to run the Recommendations plugin and downloaded it from the Banshee subversion site (using svn co to get the latest banshee-ifficial-plugins module).  I was able to checkout the module but cannot build anything off of that.  The autogen.sh script looks for mono greater than 1.1.3 or something like that.  The problem is, Fedora installs mono as mono-core, not simply mono.  I have the right version of mono installed, but cannot get the autogen.sh (or ./configure) to recognize this.  How do I force it to either ignore the mono prereq. or see mine?  Is there any precompiled/built plugins available anywhere?  Thanks in advance!!!