Re: [Banshee-List] Podcast support

Gabriel:

Thanks for the interest!

> I wanted to check in and see what the status of this is.

Development is coming quite well.  For the last week and a half I have
been using Banshee as my primary podcast fetcher/client/"thingy".

Screenshots are periodically posted here:
http://people.msoe.edu/~urbanskm/banshee-podcasting/

> Is the source code going to be released soon?

To respond to this, I'll have to borrow from an archaic Linux Magazine
article...

<snip>
Even the most enthusiastic [free /] open source contributor is reluctant
to commit to anything other than "it will be done when it's done."
</snip> [1]

At the moment, there is still work to be done.

The plugin is not yet 100% complete and a few small changes will need to
be made to the Banshee core to accommodate a new breed of plugin.  (I.E.
Plugins that can expose their own action buttons, such as "Write CD" or
"Download Podcasts", and/or implement their own playlist views.)

> It would be great to get it into svn on svn.banshee-project.org.

I will get this out there as soon as possible.

Again, thank you for the interest,

Mike Urbanski

[1]
http://www.linux-mag.com/cgi-bin/printer.pl?issue=2000-05&article=trench