Re: [Banshee-List] "Banshee is already running"

On Wed, 18 Jan 2006 21:39:24 -0600
Russ Brown <pickscrape gmail com> wrote:

> The good news is that if I just bypass this check completely I'm able
> to run banshee without any showstoppers(*). My knowledge of these Mono
> classes is limited to what I just leaned just now. If anyone else can
> suggest any further debugging I can do, I'll be happy to try it.
>
> (*) When starting up I get the following error, but I'm able to see my
> ipod anyway. Weird.

On an extremely loosely related note, the instance of Banshee that I
mentioned above crashed a while ago (some hours after starting it). My terminal got at least
2500 of the following dumped to it:

(Banshee:5574): GStreamer-WARNING **: pushing data on non-negotiated
pad mad39:src, not allowed.

Followed by this:

(Banshee:5574): GLib-GObject-WARNING **: invalid uninstantiatable type
`<invalid>' in cast to `GstObject'
Segmentation fault

I have no idea how quickly the duplicated errors were generated unfortunately. I use banshee exclusively to play directly from the iPod at the moment, so that's what I'll have been doing at the time.

--

Russ.