Re: [Banshee-List] Occasionally Won't Make Sound

I would suspect a gstreamer issue, or worse, a kernel/alsa/alsa-lib
issue that is soundcard specific.

If you can replicate this in another program, that'd be golden; if you
can get it using totem+gstreamer or by using gstreamer at the command
line, or by some other magical method, that'd be a great way of
diagnosing it.

It's also possible that you have some nasty tracks in your collection;
keep track of which files are making the strangeness and see if there's
any correlation :)

Never heard of anything like this with Banshee, 'cept when I have a
corrupt mp3 (pulled some off an old disk that made just about every
player in the world go nuts).

Cheers

Patrick

On Thu, 2006-12-21 at 11:09 -0500, Josiah Ritchie wrote:
> I occasionally start up banshee and tell it to play with not so musical results.
>
> When this happens, the seconds click by faster than normal on the
> song, but no sound comes out. If I restart banshee or even update from
> svn/cvs including plugins I get the same thing so maybe this isn't
> banshee at all. It usually works fine the next day or several hours
> later, but persists for a rather long time.
>
> platform: Ubuntu Edgy
> gstreamer: 0.10
> mono: 1.1.17.1
>  - Edgy updated that today, not sure what it was, had the same issue before
>
> Does anyone else experience this? I'm guessing at a gstreamer issue.
>
> Thanks,
> JSR/

Patrick "Trick" van Staveren
http://trick.vanstaveren.us