[Banshee-List] gentoo / banshee libgstaudioresample.so segmentation fault [semi-fixed]

Whenever I try to play music in Banshee now, I get this error and the program terminates:

ERROR: Caught a segmentation fault while loading plugin file:
/usr/lib/gstreamer-0.10/libgstaudioresample.so

Please either:
- remove it and restart.
- run with --gst-disable-segtrap and debug.

This is really strange, because I had no problems with the CVS release after the ipod problem was fixed, and I don't recall doing anything to actually mess around with gstreamer since then.

I did a bit of quick searching, and found out that some ubuntu user had experience the same thing, and they traced it back to liboil.

http://www.mail-archive.com/debian-bugs-dist lists debian org/msg198784.html

Now that I think about it, liboil was installed on my machine recently for some dependency with gstreamer

http://www.gentoo-portage.com/dev-libs/liboil/RDep#ptabs

media-libs/gst-plugins
media-libs/gst-plugins-base
media-libs/gst-plugins-good
media-libs/gst-plugins-ugly
media-plugins/gst-plugins-faac

The reverse dependencies of oil (above) also list banshee as one of their reverse dependencies.

So I upgraded oil and all of these packages using

ACCEPT_KEYWORDS="~x86" emerge -avD liboil gst-plugins gst-plugins-base gst-plugins-good gst-plugins-ugly gst-plugins-faac

I think that has fixed the problem. This liboil library is supposed to be for various platform optimizations, but I think that it may have broken banshee.

There is no segmentation fault after upgrading to liboil-0.3.10-r1, but now playback is choppy - i.e. every 10 seconds or so it's interrupted. Is this a caching problem?

Cheers,

Chris