Re: [Banshee-List] Poor Playback

Hi,

On 4/7/06, Chad Files <cpfiles gmail com> wrote:
> After reading the above I wondered if it had anything to do with the
> media format, and it does. The popping only happens when playing ogg
> files, mp3 and CD playback work fine. Is there something that need to
> change in the way ogg is read and played?

I know "me too" replies are not that useful, but I have experience a
similar (but not exactly the same) problem. Yesterday I copied some
oggs to my ipod using Banshee, and they sound all poppy on the ipod.
What's interesting about that is that I assume the transcoder has
nothing to do with the audio hardware or ALSA configuration, so those
can probably be ruled out.

Have fun,

Peter