Re: [Banshee-List] Poor Playback

On 4/6/06, Aaron Bockover <abockover novell com> wrote:
> What happens in Rhythmbox?

Everything plays fine.

> No, the problem would not be in bindings. The GStreamer stuff in Banshee
> is all in C, and a binding wouldn't make your audio pop. There may be
> something missing from the pipeline, or it could easily be hardware or
> output sink related.

After reading the above I wondered if it had anything to do with the
media format, and it does. The popping only happens when playing ogg
files, mp3 and CD playback work fine. Is there something that need to
change in the way ogg is read and played?

By the way, before it is asked, I have been using the same ogg file in
all of the other applications during my troubleshooting. Banshee is
the only one that I can hear the popping with.

-- Chad