[Banshee-List] Plugin in the works: Alarm Clock
- From: Trick van Staveren <trick vanstaveren us>
- To: banshee-list gnome org
- Subject: [Banshee-List] Plugin in the works: Alarm Clock
- Date: Fri, 07 Apr 2006 04:07:15 -0400
I've been starting to work on a new plugin for Banshee - an Alarm Clock plugin. Has
anyone worked on this? If so, LMK, so we're not duplicating efforts :)
Features I'm working on:
* ability to set a timer that when it's up, will pause playback. Great for when
you're loving your tunes but don't want to hear them ALL night.
* will start playback at the given time.
* "recur" option - if enabled, will set the timer again for the next day at that same
* volume setting - will change the volume to a certain level before playing. This way
you don't have to set it before you go to sleep.
* sleep timer - make it so it fades out the song, or stops at the end of the song
rather than just pausing in the middle of it.
* alarm timer - volume change will be gradual. will set the volume when the alarm
first goes off, and will gradually increase it to another value over a span of seconds
or minutes. All three values will be settable.
Anyone have any other ideas/suggestions for me? Like I said, this plugin is more in
the concept stage (I have more pencil sketches than actual code)...so I'm open to
(irc as trick)
Patrick "Trick" van Staveren
Western Michigan University
] [Thread Prev