[Banshee-List] Memory usage

Hi!

I'm quite new to Banshee, but as Rhythmbox gets slower and slower, and Banshee cooler and cooler ;-) I gave it a try. Looks really promising, the only thing I'm missing a "smart playlist" feature (by genre, year, rating, limit to 256mb, etc.)
After importing ~12k songs the main window (complete playlist) is a bit slow, but that's no problem. What's worse, Banshee takes about 90mb memory. Rhythmbox used about 30mb for the same data... I know it's under heavy development, but I'd like to know the reason for this (is it Mono? Missing optimization? gtk-sharp and the large list?) and if this will be fixed any time soon...

Nico.