[Banshee-List] tagging support

aaron wrote:

>Yes, once writing support is ported to entagged-sharp (the metadata
>library we use to parse tags), Banshee will actually write metadata to
>actual files. My apologies, but Banshee is still under development, so
>bear with us.

i fully understand though maybe it should have been made more public -
imagine somebody who spends a couple of days retagging his files in
excitement (luckily this was not me).

still - question remains. what type of tagging will entagged-sharp do
for mp3s? im hoping for FINALLY in linux id3v2.4 with utf-8 as standard.
but realise this might cause problems with the ipod support. will it at
least be an option? considering that itunes5 supports it by now it seems
time to give non iso8859 users a chance to tag properly. also - this
standard seems to be a keeper (it would be nice to lead the way).

please correct me if im wrong because im very interested to know whats
happening.
thanks, jens