[Banshee-List] Re: Banshee 0.8.7.1

On Mon, 2005-08-22 at 03:40 -0400, Aaron Bockover wrote:
> I'm releasing Banshee 0.8.7.1, which includes today's fixes and
> features. Maybe if it's not too late, it can be packaged for SuSE 10
> Beta 3?
>
> This release also needs the latest libipoddevice (0.2.7) and ipod-sharp
> (0.5.1). We have fixed the write issues with the latest iPod format in
> this release, and I added write-detection support to libipoddevice, as
> we'd like to be able to use read-only features of
> libipoddevice/ipod-sharp if an iPod is mounted read-only (hfs+ sucks!).
>
> http://banshee-project.org/files/libipoddevice/libipoddevice-0.2.7.tar.gz
> http://banshee-project.org/files/ipod-sharp/ipod-sharp-0.5.1.tar.gz
> http://banshee-project.org/files/banshee/banshee-0.8.7.1.tar.gz
>
> Best,
> Aaron

This is in for BETA3. Attached are the current patches. One is just your
basic, don't return random data fix.

The banshee.exe.config.in needed a major overhall so that banshee would
run, and find all the libraries it needs. The patch also makes it work
on x86_64, which isn't i guess too important, since it looks like we
will ship just the 32-bit version.
I had to add mappings for libdbus-1 and libhal. The libipoddevice
mapping points to libipoddevice.so.0.0.0 it should point to
libipoddevice.so.0, but we need to fix the build in libipoddevice to
actually create that symlink first.

The packaging is split as you requested:

	banshee
	banshee-devel
	banshee-engine-gst
	baanshee-engine-helix