Re: [Banshee-devel-list] [banshee-devel-list] BCE packaging

I think the especially the last point you're making is quite
important. Sure it's always desirable to have new extensions out as
soon as possible, but from how I understand you I think BCE
developers/maintainers should consider carefully:

* when is a good time to release a new extension?
* is the extension mature enough yet to be included in packaging?
* are all release requirements fulfillled?
  ---- What are they? How do I find out?

Can releases of new extensions be bundled in a good way? since we're
in schedule with banshee releases, that could be difficult, but it
could be motivation to meet release dates for some.

I would volunteer to extend the BCE wiki a bit by some best practices,
especially a package release checklist, again lowering the border to
write new Extensions.

Also, given time and volunteers at least a quick review of extensions
should be done before releasing. I remember my own StreamRecorder
extension spitting out a lot of useless debugging, easy to fix, but I
somehow missed on that and there was no review until someone got
annoyed by it...

Thanks for doing a great packaging job, anyway, Chow!

Frank