[Banshee-devel-list] External track metadata (recommendations, WP, etc)

I'm sure you all at least skimmed this on the main list (was: [Fwd:
[Banshee-List] Fwd: Patch for a warning])

We've talked in the past about ways to present external metadata for
tracks; right now it's pretty much just recommendations plugin and
wikipedia plugin (which has been a train wreck codebase since the start,
but useful nonetheless).  I'm sure as time goes on, folks will find more
bits of external data they'd like to see and will get implemented as
plugins.

Mickael Renault posted this simple mockup to the list a week or two ago:
http://www.flickr.com/photos/32203431 N00/325029400/

I know there was talk over the summer (or perhaps at the boston summit?)
of something of similar functionality.  I think it'd be a good goal
before we hit the 0.12 series to implement this so that we can set up
plugins to make use of it.

Regardless of what we decide on, we need to implement it in the core and
then engineer plugins so that they take advantage of it.

I'm hoping to hear back from some of you who have other ideas on how we
can implement this, and then get it done!  If I don't hear back from
anyone, I will probably hack at something like the screenshot above.

Cheers,

Patrick

Patrick "Trick" van Staveren
http://trick.vanstaveren.us
--- Begin Message --- Hi,

I have done a little mockup to show my vision of an unified interface for the context plugins :
http://www.flickr.com/photos/32203431 N00/325029400/

Any comment ?

Mickaël

ps : I can try to implement it.