Re: [Banshee-devel-list] Equalizer Plugin and Patches

On Tue, 2006-07-18 at 00:55 +0300, Ivan N. Zlatev wrote:
> 1) IEqualizer - okay that's fine like that.
>
> 2)
>  > Actually, I would not like to have equalization as a plugin. This needs
> > to be in the core.
>
> I agree that the equalizer should be definitly a core component, but
> it was easier for me to do it as a plugin, show you what I've done and
> then rework it for the core. Sure the inZ.Widgets won't be used in the
> core :). And as for the code style I will take my time to read the
> style guide.

Sounds good. Also another thing to note: please generate patches in
unified diff format (if from cvs, use "cvs diff -u").

> I don't like the idea of yet another window on my desktop with
> banshee's equalizer.

It most certainly should not be docked below the library view. The
recommendations pane is the only widget that should "officially" (but
optionally) go there.

How often do you need to access the equalizer that it should be a
first-level UI element? I would like the equalizer as a tool window that
does not go in the task bar. A simple one letter hot key can bring up
the window, and pressing escape can hide it. I don't see how this would
be an issue.

Another nice thing, but certainly do not focus on it right now, is to
provide equalization presets and then also save equalization settings
per song.

> 4) In conclusion: Thanks for your guidance. I will rework the
> equalizer as core component. I will post the patches here, when I am
> done.

Great, I can't wait to see your second iteration.

--Aaron