[Banshee-devel-list] banshee-official-plugins and 0.11.x

Hola Banshee Developers!

I need to write up a more broken-down and revised Roadmap
(http://banshee-project.org/Roadmap) for this wonderful new cycle that
is 0.11.x (will stabilize to 0.12.x), but I'd like to see the first
unstable (0.11.0) release by the nearly arbitrary date of August 9th.
That's one month from today.

So I'm writing to get some feedback:

a) What are some major areas that need work in core (I can name a few
important areas, but I'd like to get uninfluenced feedback first)

b) As I've stated before, I'd like to release banshee-official-plugins
in parallel with core releases in the 0.11.x series. This means all the
plugins in banshee-official-plugins need to be "ready" by the 9th. That
being said, I'd like specific feedback from each plugin maintainer on
what needs to be done in your plugin (what works, what doesn't, what can
be fixed by then, etc. -- a nice status update):

  - Podcasting (Mike Urbanski)
  - Recommendations (Fredrik Hedberg)
  - Smart Playlists (Gabriel Burt)
  - iRadio, MiniMode (Me-ish, anyone want to take over maintainership of
one/both of these?)

>From what I can tell, mostly everything in this module is good to go.
There are some quirks in some plugins, and there's a big known crasher
in the iRadio plugin (I am suspecting it's NodeStore related). I'd like
to stop adding features on this module within two weeks so we can do a
bit of QA on the module and make the thing as stable as possible. After
the 0.11.0 release, all engines are go again.

Also, assuming GNOME CVS is finally moved to SVN on the 14th, I will be
restructuring the entire core project, fixing up the build system,
making it work in MonoDevelop, and migrating some of the plugins found
in core to -official-plugins. I'll also be moving -official-plugins to
GNOME SVN at this time too so we can start getting the module
translated. This means anyone maintaining a plugin in this module needs
to go ahead and request a GNOME CVS account if you don't already have
one. Make me the mentor/point of contact/confirmation/whatever on the
request so I can validate it.

Let's make 0.11.0 really rock as the first release in this new cycle!

Best,
Aaron

P.S. Mike: please sign up for banshee-devel-list! I'm BCCing you for
now, but you need to be in on this.