can't fetch mail

Good afternoon all,

A new problem just cropped up for me this morning. It used to be when I "Get new mail" I'd get a popup showing each of the servers from which I POP3 fetch mail, showing the status and progrss of each. Now, I just get a popup "Checking mail" but it doesn't show any of the servers, and only stays up for less than a second. I can use my IMAP connection to see that I do have new mail. Using $G_MESSAGES_DEBUG="mbox-pop3" produces no output. It seems like it's just silently failing to even try to do a pop3 fetch.

I just recompiled from git head and the behavior didn't change. I don't see anything relevant in dmeg or /var/log nor in console output.

Any suggestions for further troubleshooting?

Thanks.

Jack