Re: [RFC] Workaround for broken message index row heights

On 2020.07.15 08:40, Albrecht Dreß wrote:
Hi all,

I /think/ I finally found a workaround for the sometimes broken display of the row heights in the balsa message index, apparently caused by GtkTreeView's automatic calculation being confused by rows being printed in bold and/or italics.

For testing, I created the branch “index_row_height_workaround” in which the cell renderer heights are forced to the maximum of 1.25 times the standard font height and the status icon heights. Drawback: if the standard font is changed in the global settings, the required row height is re-calculated only after a restart of Balsa, which IMHO is acceptable.

For me, this *completely* fixes the issue, but some more testing with different themes and Gtk versions would be really helpful.

Hi Albrecht,

So far, looks good. gtk+-3.24.20. Plasma theme is oxygen. As near as I can tell, my gtk+ theme is Adwaita, but changing it doesn't seem to affect Balsa visibly. (I'm primarily a KDE/Plasma system, with minimal gnome stuff, and only a bit more gtk based stuff.)

Jack