Re: [Q/Patch] libresolv?

On 02/02/2020 09:42:54 AM Sun, Peter Bloomfield wrote:
Hi Albrecht:

On 02/02/2020 07:41:06 AM Sun, Albrecht Dreß wrote:
Hi all,

I stumbled across the check for libresolv in configure.ac (and meson.build) – there seems to be no reference
to it within the sources, so IMHO the check (and the linker option) could be removed as in the attached
patch, couldn't it?  Or did I miss something?

Cheers,
Albrecht.

Thanks for the patch--good catch!

Looks like the need for that went away with commit d964df60bb, so it's time for a clean-up!

That commit also removed all references to getaddrinfo, so the corresponding check can also be removed from
the build tools.

BTW: getaddrinfo was also mentioned in config.h.in, which does not seem to have been in the git repository.
It is required in the autotools build, so I added it. It's not clear to me how the autotools build has been
succeeding in a fresh install…

Best,