Re: [GMime 3 Branch] IMAP build error

Hi Peter!

Am 25.11.19 05:01 schrieb(en) Peter Bloomfield:
So, as of commit 8cfe5a7ebc7bce9c960da8932de2152020e39de7, I can build the branch and run it. It still shows
current messages' signatures as broken. But if I send a signed, not encrypted, message to myself, the
signature is OK. Don't know what this means!

I guess the gmime3 branch somehow confuses line endings, both when creating and checking signatures.
Remember that the RFC's for GPG and S/MIME all *require* canonical line endings (e.g. RFC 3156, sect. 5).  If
the gmime3 branch makes the same mistake in both (i.e. creating and checking) cases, the messages look of
course fine for you, but not for the rest of the world.  The signature of your message is broken, btw.

I have a set of valid test messages, and will try to find the issue, stay tuned…

Best,
Albrecht.