Re: Preserve order of mailboxes

Hi Jack,

On 02/21/2019 01:23:30 PM Thu, Jack via balsa-list wrote:
On 2019.02.17 20:55, Peter Bloomfield wrote:
Dear List,

An issue [0] was raised asking that Balsa fix a long-standing irritant: the order in which mailboxes are
opened, and appear in the notebook pages, is different from the previous session. A branch [1] has been set
up to explore fixes; testing is encouraged, and also discussion!

Peter

[0] https://gitlab.gnome.org/GNOME/balsa/issues/12
[1] https://gitlab.gnome.org/GNOME/balsa/tree/remember-mailbox-positions
Peter,

Thanks again for this.  I was the one to log that issue.  I've been testing since you made it available, and
have found no problems.

Great--thanks for testing!

However, I have not explicitly tested or looked for the memory leak you mentioned.

Valgrind was showing some leaks, but they were also in master and not specific to the branch (scan-build
found some more); I fixed all that I found, and rebased the branch to include the fixes. Both master and the
branch are mostly Valgrind-clean now.

(I have had a few more of the crashes I have mentioned a few times, but they happened before testing this
branch, so I'm quite sure they are unrelated.)

Haven't had a chance to dig into those yet.

I don't think I would even have noticed the other problem you mentioned in the issue log, as I don't hide
deleted messages, but do expunge on closing a mailbox and after 120 minutes.  It also appears that deleted
messages get expunged on closing Balsa - hopefully that counts as closing the mailbox and not a bug.

Yes, closing Balsa involves closing all open mailboxes, so if you set expunge-on-closing-mailbox you
automatically get expunge-on-closing-Balsa.

Jack