Re: Preserve order of mailboxes

On 2019.02.17 20:55, Peter Bloomfield wrote:
Dear List,

An issue [0] was raised asking that Balsa fix a long-standing irritant: the order in which mailboxes are opened, and appear in the notebook pages, is different from the previous session. A branch [1] has been set up to explore fixes; testing is encouraged, and also discussion!

Peter

[0] https://gitlab.gnome.org/GNOME/balsa/issues/12
[1] https://gitlab.gnome.org/GNOME/balsa/tree/remember-mailbox-positions
Peter,

Thanks again for this. I was the one to log that issue. I've been testing since you made it available, and have found no problems.

However, I have not explicitly tested or looked for the memory leak you mentioned. (I have had a few more of the crashes I have mentioned a few times, but they happened before testing this branch, so I'm quite sure they are unrelated.) I don't think I would even have noticed the other problem you mentioned in the issue log, as I don't hide deleted messages, but do expunge on closing a mailbox and after 120 minutes. It also appears that deleted messages get expunged on closing Balsa - hopefully that counts as closing the mailbox and not a bug.

Jack