queston on reportedly invalid PGP signature

Good afternoon all,

I received a message today through the kde-community mailing list, and Balsa tells me PGP signature is invalid.

If I explicitly look at the signature part, the first line says PGP: signature: The signature is invalid. The following line is "Signature validity: The user ID is of unknown validity." I expect there is a difference between unknown validity and invalid. The key fingerprint does match the key ID of one of the RSA subkeys (using kgpg to check). Two odd things are that it also says "Signed on: never" and the "Subkey used" doesn't show any additional lines, whether the little triangle points right or down.

So - is there a problem in the signature, or might I have something misconfigured?

Thanks for any thoughts.

Jack