Re: [Patch] IMAP goes GIO

On 2018.05.29 20:15, Peter Bloomfield wrote:
On 05/29/2018 04:49:45 PM Tue, Peter Bloomfield wrote:
On 05/15/2018 08:01:20 PM Tue, Peter Bloomfield wrote:
One remaining issue: if *multiple* messages are selected, "Reply to Group…" is enabled if *any* of them is from a mailing list. Like other reply options, "Reply to Group…" opens a compose window for each of them, and if any is *not* from a mailing list, it gets the empty "To:" list Perhaps that's acceptable in this unlikely use case?

Better just to open a compose window for the messages that are from a mailing list, right? When "Reply to Group…" is enabled, at least one window will be opened.

Committed to master and the wip/* branches.

Comments and suggestions for improvements always welcome!

Peter
I haven't tried the new code yet, but .... Remember the "principle of least surprise." Not even opening a reply window is surprising. Opening one without the TO: filled in is much less surprising, even if unexpected. However, given that the change from current behavior is minimal - it makes sense.

What would be nice (but I suppose might take "magic") is to recognize a list address in either To: or CC: if the usual markers of the message coming from a list are not present. I wonder (long term wishlist, not short term reality) if list addresses could be added to a list, so they could be so recognized? This could work if any individual only had a small number of lists where this issue occurs.

Jack