Odd error trying to attach file from photo management software

Hello all,

I'm using F-spot as a photo management software (not currently packaged in any distro I know of after development got real slow a few years ago - but I still like it and there is at least some work going on) and selected a photo and hit the Photo/Send by mail menu. It did pop up a new balsa message, but also the pop-up error "Could not attach the file file:///tmp/tmp58206c82.tmp/DSC_2263.JPG: not an absolute path." which is strange, because that really is the path to the file it created (downsized from the original). The only possible issue I can see is the extra leading slashes. Are those slashes really a problem that I should take back to the F-spot developers, or is balsa doing something odd to not be able to find the file?

Thoughts?

Jack