Re: GIT version doesn't build anymore

Hi Jack:

On 07/23/2018 04:16:48 PM Mon, Jack via balsa-list wrote:
Hi Peter,
Does Gentoo put enchant-2.pc in a separate devel package? That's the file that pkg-config is failing to find.
Remember, Gentoo builds EVERY package from source, there are no sparate -dev or -devel packages.  However it seems that
Gentoo has not distinguished enchant <2 from >=2 so even for enchant-2, the file is enchant.pc.  For me
"pkg-config --modversion enchant" returns 2.1.1.

Ah, OK--that's news! So we need to look for either enchant or enchant-2, check the version, and configure
accordingly--I'll look into that. But not tonight--another gin&tonic is calling!

Best,